9.30.2010

Rex-buck-ians.

Don't ask about the title.

Well it's been a few days since I've blogged, and I've been running around like crazy since then.
Literally.
All I do is run, study, go to class, run, sleep, and sometimes eat. and run.
It's...awesome.
So last weekend was crazy. My girl Mandi came into town from OH-IO! Mini freshman-room girls reunion!


So fun! ;)
STILL FUN!

And this week the beautiful Lauren is coming into town! AND it's Mad's birthday. Party everyday. (p-p-p) The next few days are going to be a whirlwind, but I'm dang excited.

So a quick update on my 1/2 marathon thingy...I'm deathly nervous. Already, and it's a month away (today.)
But good news, you dress up for the race. I'm thinking I'm either going to be a ninja turtle, or maybe just a ninja--so I have an excuse to wear only spandex. hahaha yikes. Maybe not.

Well school's been great, and I'm turning into a freaky English Major. It was bound to happen. I've found this lovely tree off in the middle of a grove in the Gardens that has a beautiful branch that is perfect for sitting and reading. I get all perched up in the tree, and it's the most comfortable place ever! While I'm up there I read this book. And it's opening up my eyes tremendously.

I haven't seen the movie, nor was I planning on it (I'm not into the whole chick-flick-eat your weight in ice cream-scene...not my cup of tea. Or juice).
HOWEVER.
This book is incredible. It's intriguing to read how someone not of my faith describes their intimate relationship with God. I recommend it.

In other news, college life is great. Way better the second year around, I'm an old pro!
I love my room-girls, I love my ward, I love my fhe brothers, I love my classes, I love having money, I love eating food, I love exercising all the time, I love my new haircut! (5 inches baby.)


And I LOVE my religion class. Scripture Study with Brother Riggins is changing my life.

Last but not least, I'm excited to watch conference with people I love! Can't wait! :)

2 comments:

  1. marathon! yaya!
    ad your hair looks GORGE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. dude. I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS POST. partly because i know every single inside joke you used, and partly because YOU'RE READING MY BOOK! {which by the way we will have to discuss. It quite possibly is my favorite and I think about it all the time. where are you in it}

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead. Post one.