2.19.2010

Motivation Please?

Why do we as humans need to be so complex?
I mean, really.
Try to figure this.
I love to run. I love to eat fruits and vegetables.
I don't know if you understand,

I LOVE IT.

So if I love it so much, why don't I do just that?
It's been over 3 weeks since I've been running, and well over a year since being in the habit, and since getting home for the semester I've given up even trying to eat in a healthy manner.

WHY?!

Goodness, it's frustrating. I just want to take that lobe in my hippocampus and give it a good talking to. Here's what I would say if I got the chance:

Dear Brain,
Hey, how is it? So, I just wanted to remind you that you really love running. It's your sanctuary. It keeps you energized and in control. Remember that one time when you used to run 8+ miles a day, and you liked it? Yeah, lets go back to that. Also, while you're fishing for memories, lets go back to that time when I went to Disneyland with the Cross Country team. My two loves altogether, what could be better?
Alright, that's about all for now! Don't forget to remember that you work tomorrow night.
Love, Me.

If it were that easy, I'd be a marathoner by now. Ok, maybe a 1/2 marathoner.


One of my favorite magazines of all time is definitely Runner's World. Basically, the main reason is because I look at the cover and think to myself,

'Self? That's hot. You could probably be that if you would get your lazy bum off the couch and get moving.'

It has great tips in there even for beginners who don't even remember where the nearest gym is. They make you feel really good about yourself to the point where you say, YES! I will go out and run!
Until you get distracted by something else, and forget that you had any taste of motivation.


Seriously though, fruit is my weakness. I just never have enough money to actually buy anything with the exception of an occasional banana or peach.
Doesn't this just look like heaven? How can you say no to this? (Unless you are of course my roommate Madison, who somehow was born to hate fruit, poor girl.)

This makes my mouth water just thinking about it. I cannot wait until strawberry season is at it's peak. I'll sink my teeth into one of those juicy suckers and devour it graciously. Pineapple is another one of my tummy's best friends. I wish I could just replace all of my dang Cafe Rio runs with half of a watermelon or something divine like that.


(So this is me. Mentally preparing myself for tomorrow, when I'm going to kill myself by trying to run a mere mile. And I'll probably eat a banana and promise not to go to Cafe Rio.)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Post one.