9.05.2010

As I Lay Dying.

The more life moves forward around me, the more I find myself looking back.
I think about all the meaningful times I've had in my life, and I think, "Did I realize how great this was?"
Do you ever stop in the middle of a really wonderful moment and say to yourself, "Wow. My life is amazing."?
More often than not, I forget how much I truly care about the people in my life. It takes a really tough time to appreciate the really incredible times.

These days, everyone has a bucket list.
Mine for the summer? Hike Ensign Peak.
That's all.
This morning, on the last day I could, I hiked Ensign Peak.
As I woke up from a quick 4 hours of sleep, Madi, Rose, and I got in the car at 5:30 and drove up to Salt Lake to start this little hike of ours.
We got to the top of the mountain about 15 minutes before the sunrise, and it was incredible. This place has had some serious sentimental value to me for the last 2 years, so I brought my journal up and wrote down every thought in my head. It was cathartic, and very needed. I felt so lucky to live in a time and place that allows me to worship how I may.
The church is true.
After looking out on the four Temples in the SL Valley, I was amazed at the love.

______________________________


Well, here I go again, off to conquer yet another semester of school.
Am I nervous? Yes.
Am I excited? More so.
Am I going to be blindsided? Expecting to be.
Each time I pack up and move "out" whether from home, or my temporary home, the life that awaits me always catches me by surprise.

First Semester:
Surprise #1. I can't live without the unconditional love of my family.

Winter Semester:
Surprise #2. I can't live without the unfailing friendship of my 218 roommates.

Spring Semester:
Surprise #3. I have a lot to learn about life. And I have patience I didn't know existed.

Summer Semester:
Surprise #4. My Mom still misses me when I'm away.

Upcoming Fall semester...
I guess we'll find out Surprise #5. I can't wait :)

See you on the flip side!
My next post....
Location: Rexburg, Idaho.
Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Post one.