5.02.2011

Maybe I'm Crazay

Well I was told that I need to update my blog...even though I feel like I post way too much already.

(I get overwhelmed when other people post more than once a day...come on people! I want to read you, but I just don't have that much time on my hands. Kthanks.)

Anyway. So here's what's been happening.

I work at a photog studio in downtown Salt Lake. Right? Yeah. Commute is awful with Utah construction-aka Construction Capital of the World.
There was a new intern coming, about to take all my hours. So what do I do? Search for a new job, just in case I'm the first to go.
I get 2 interviews, and get hired. (at ancestry[dot]com) I started last week at my new job in Provo, while still working in Salt Lake in the same day...Problem? Yes.
Did I mention I'm taking 6 online credits all while this is happening? 6 credits= 14-20 hours of studying/assignments/quizzes/tests/group work (yes, even for online) per week. It sucks.
So lets do the math here.
20 hours per week in Provo
20 hours per week in Salt Lake
2.5 hours of  driving per day x 5 days=12.5 hours of driving
14-20 hours of school.

After sufficient sleep and time for eating, that leaves approx -10 hours to do anything else.
It was a problem.
So today I went ahead and talked to my Salt Lake job, and I told them that next week was going to be my last week. I almost cried, but kept it together. It was a hard decision, but I knew it was the right one for me.
It's funny how things work out. It took me getting hired at the studio for me to realize I needed to stay in Utah, and I got the job in Provo because I had experience in Salt Lake. I'm learning that I really have to take life a day at a time, or else I'm never going to get anywhere that I need to.
Wow, life is just crazy lately.
That's all. Thanks for reading my word-vomit, which hardly made sense. It barely makes sense to me...so if you want to hear more....maybe I'll post later. Or you can just text me. Whichever.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3.5.11

    hi katie thanks for updating your blog :) haha my day is now complete. you are really rad and i miss your face. thats all!
    from CHYLIE

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead. Post one.